Can you believe summer is almost over? This year is flying by and we thank you for reading! Here are some things to look forward to in the month of September.
9 Fun Facts About September
- September is Self-Improvement Month.
- In the US, the 4th Friday of September is Native American Heritage Day.
- September marks the beginning of harvest festivals.
- September 19th is ‘International Talk Like a Pirate Day.’
- September comes from the Roman word, “septem” which means 7. September was originally the 7th month of the year.
- September is associated with volcanoes, fire and earthquakes, since it was named after the god, Vulcan.
- The birth flowers are the Morning Glory, Aster and Forget-Me-Not.
- It’s Classical Music Month.
- The 4th week in the month is National Dog Week. Get your furry friends excited; I know Shiloh is!
What’re your plans for September?
Photo Credit: Andreas., Martin Snopek
Elizabeth Adan is a Freelance Writer, Publicist and Brand Ambassador. Aquaberry Bliss is a unique outdoor lifestyle site dedicated to expanding your world and inspiring your creativity. When Elizabeth isn’t traveling, you’ll find her writing, hiking or gardening. Find Elizabeth on Twitter @stillaporcupine and on LinkedIn.
2 thoughts on “Dog Appreciation Week, Self-Improvement Month and More: 9 Fun Facts about September”
September is back to school month here. The stores are already stocking Halloween costumes, decorations and candy!
How exciting! Halloween is a favorite of mine. Thanks for reading!