Coconut oil is delicious, versatile and good for you! Coconuts are a good fruit/nut to turn to when looking for organic foods since the hard shell of the coconut protects it and eliminates the need for GMOs or harsh pesticides. Here are 10 ways to use the awesome oil.
10 Ways to Use Coconut Oil
It’s Edible and Delicious…
- Add some to your popcorn for a hint of sweetness.
It Keeps You Healthy Inside and Out…
- Remove makeup and keep eyelashes healthy and strong.
- Keep hair and roots healthy by using a few drops as a conditioner, tamer or defrizzer.
- Eat s spoonful a day for a boost of energy.
It’s Great for Personal Hygiene…
- Apply a small amount to your cheekbones over makeup to highlight and brighten.
- Use as a natural shaving cream and moisturizer all in one!
- Apply the oil as a topical ointment for open wounds.
- Replace as cooking oil in a stir fry recipe or other meal. Gives it an exotic flavor.
It’s Pet Friendly…
- Reduce your pet’s hairballs by applying a small amount to their paws.
It’s a Massage Oil…
- Soften with your hands and use as a massage oil. It melts at a very low temperature.
How do you use coconut oil?
These tips are adapted from the tips provided by GlobeIn’s Artisan Box: Bake edition.
Photos: Elizabeth Adan
Elizabeth Adan is a Freelance Writer, Publicist and Brand Ambassador. Her blog Aquaberry Bliss is a unique outdoor lifestyle blog dedicated to expanding your world and inspiring your creativity. When Elizabeth isn’t traveling, you’ll find her writing, hiking or gardening. Find Elizabeth on Twitter @stillaporcupine and on LinkedIn.