They say the rain showers of April bring beautiful blossoms in May and I have found that to be true! May is an awesome time of renewal and growth as plants and animals prepare for the heat of summer. Here are 11 fun facts about May you may not have known.
11 Fun Facts about May
- May is named after the Greek god Maia, of fertility.
- May 7th is World Laughter Day.
- May is “International Respect for Chickens“ Month.
- It’s National Hamburger Month.
- May’s birthstone (the emerald) represents success.
- No other month each year begins on the same day of the week as May.
- May is “Better Sleep Month”.
- The Anglo-Saxons referred to May as the Stormy, or Rugged month.
- On May 14, 1804, Lewis and Clark began their great exploration.
- On May 23rd, we celebrate World Biodiversity Day.
- May is National Salad Month!
And for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere, here is the lunar calendar for May, courtesy of MoonConnection.com:
Elizabeth Adan is a Freelance Writer, Publicist and Brand Ambassador. Her blog Aquaberry Bliss is a unique outdoor lifestyle blog dedicated to expanding your world and inspiring your creativity. When Elizabeth isn’t traveling, you’ll find her writing, hiking or gardening. Find Elizabeth on Twitter @stillaporcupine and on LinkedIn.