No doubt about it, summer is officially here in Eastern Washington and the blistering 100+ degree heat is telling us it’s been here for a while. July means BBQS, water fun, traveling and growing plants! Here are other fun facts about the month of July.
9 Fun Facts About July
- July’s flower is the waterlily. Many flowers thrive in hot conditions and wildflowers are abundant.
- Every year, July and April start on the same day of the week.
- It’s National Blueberry Month.
- Anglo-Saxons called July ‘hay month’ or month of meadows.
- It’s National Ice Cream Month.
- July 4th isn’t just an American celebration; it’s also the Independence and Liberation day of Rwanda and The Philippines.
- July’s known as the hottest month in the Northern Hemisphere.
- July 2nd is World UFO Day.
- In common years, no other month ends on the same day as July.
And for my friends in the Northern Hemisphere, here is the moon calendar for July. Sourced from MoonConnection.com.
What’re your plans this month?
Elizabeth Adan is a Freelance Writer, Publicist and Brand Ambassador. Her blog Aquaberry Bliss is a unique outdoor lifestyle blog dedicated to expanding your world and inspiring your creativity. When Elizabeth isn’t traveling, you’ll find her writing, hiking or gardening. Find Elizabeth on Twitter @stillaporcupine and on LinkedIn.