We’re officially a quarter through the year! April is the fourth month and we’re starting to break out of the cold of winter. April has a reputation for bringing rain and clouds, but here are 11 other great facts about the month of April.
11 Fun Facts about April
- Earth Day is April 22nd each year.
- In every calendar year, April starts on the same day of the week as July.
- April’s birth flower is the Sweet Pea or the Daisy.
- April signifies Thai New Year in Thailand.
- The Pony Express first began on April 3, 1860 in America.
- We usually celebrate Easter in April because the Anglo-Saxons knew the month at “Eastre Monath.”
- The name April comes from the Ancient Romans’ word “Apirilis” which means “to open.”
- April 5th is Arbor Day.
- April is Mathematics Awareness Month.
- April is Global Child Nutrition Month.
- April is Humor Month, so get laughing!
And for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, here’s the moon calendar for the month of April, courtesy of MoonConnection.com:
We hope your year so far has been amazing! April should be even better yet as the weather gets warmer, flowers begin to bloom and the days become longer.
Photos: Rob Young
Elizabeth Adan is a Freelance Writer, Publicist and Brand Ambassador. Her blog Aquaberry Bliss is a unique outdoor lifestyle blog dedicated to expanding your world and inspiring your creativity. When Elizabeth isn’t traveling, you’ll find her writing, hiking or gardening. Find Elizabeth on Twitter @stillaporcupine and on LinkedIn.