Though August is waning quickly, there is still much fun to be had! Fall isn’t here quite yet, so take advantage of the warm weather and get outside! Here are 8 fun facts about this summer month.
8 Fun Facts About August
- The first Sunday of August is Friendship Day.
- August is National Picnic Month.
- It’s National Peach Month! Check out our adventures peach picking here.
- August’s flower is the poppy.
- In the US, August celebrates National Goat Cheese Month. YUM!
- August is one of only 7 calendar months with 31 days.
- August houses the hottest day of the calendar year.
- The Anglo-Saxons called August “Weed Month” because the hot temperatures and abundance of sunshine made the weeds explode with intense growth.
What are you up to this August?
Photo Credit: Elizabeth Adan, michell zappa
Elizabeth Adan is a Freelance Writer, Publicist and Brand Ambassador. Aquaberry Bliss is a unique outdoor lifestyle site dedicated to expanding your world and inspiring your creativity. When Elizabeth isn’t traveling, you’ll find her writing, hiking or gardening. Find Elizabeth on Twitter @stillaporcupine and on LinkedIn.