The other day, I found some lavender to pick and enjoy. A wonderful summer flower that is so well loved, there are entire festivals dedicated to it, it has plenty of benefits and uses from aromatherapy and stress relief to adding flavor to dishes.
I chose to create a syrup from it, but there are plenty of other things you could try! Some examples:
- Create a small bundle to scent your laundry.
- Dry the flowers and create a relaxing tea.
- Rub the flowers on your hands- it’s relaxing and nicely scented.
- Keep lavender next to your pillow to aid in sleep.
- Deter bugs with the strong smelling flowers.
- Cook with it! Add it in place of savory herbs like thyme and sage.
What’s your favorite thing to do with lavender?
Photos: Elizabeth Adan
Elizabeth Adan is a Freelance Writer, Publicist and Brand Ambassador. Her site is a unique outdoor lifestyle blog dedicated to expanding your world and inspiring your creativity. When Elizabeth isn’t traveling, you’ll find her writing, hiking or gardening. Find Elizabeth on Twitter @stillaporcupine and on LinkedIn.