Did you know March used to be the first month of the year? Only with the switch to the Gregorian calendar in 1752 did March get bumped to the third month. Here are some more facts about the month of March.
9 Fun Facts about March
1. The Anglo-Saxons named this “Stormy Month.”
2. The Eiffel Tower opens in Paris in 1889.
3. The first daily weather forecast happened on the 26th of March.
4. March is National Umbrella Month.
5. March 16-23 is National Sleep Awareness Week.
6. March 23rd is National Puppy Day.
7. March’s birth flower is the daffodil.
8. March is National Spiritual Wellness Month.
9. But March isn’t all rain and storms. Slovenes named March sušec, or “the month when the earth is dry enough to cultivate crops.”
And for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere, here is the lunar calendar for this March, courtesy of MoonConnection.com:
Enjoy March and welcome to Springtime!
Elizabeth Adan is a Freelance Writer, Publicist and Brand Ambassador. Her blog Aquaberry Bliss is a unique food and travel blog dedicated to expanding your world and inspiring your creativity. When Elizabeth isn’t traveling, you’ll find her writing, hiking or gardening. Find Elizabeth on Twitter @stillaporcupine and on LinkedIn.